struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.len...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Discussion - drop Dojo plugin
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:30:30 GMT
To include others in out talk ;-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com>
Date: 2010/3/24
Subject: Re: Discussion - drop Dojo plugin
To: Wes Wannemacher <wesw@wantii.com>

Ups... I sent it only to you instead to the group ;-)

2010/3/24 Wes Wannemacher <wesw@wantii.com>:
> My main thought is this - Let's try to get Johannes Gephart's JQuery
> plugin incorporated into Struts 2.2.x...

+1 you are right, it would be nice to have it as a replacement /
alternative for Dojo plugin.

> His showcase looks great and I'm working on a few things for a project
> here that I will eventually incorporate into either core or his
> plugin, but JQuery is one heckuva lot easier to work with and maintain
> than Dojo ever was/will be.

If so there shouldn't be anyone who would complain ;-)

> If you are working toward a 2.1.9 release, let's get that out and then
> I'll send an email to the PMC about inviting him to be a committer.
> Although he hasn't done many patches, etc. I'll argue that his plugin
> would be a great contribution and his direct support will help Struts
> 2's continued success...

Ok, but I'm still blocked by moving Ognl 3.0 to central repo :P

Regards
--
Łukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/