struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.len...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.0.15
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:40:50 GMT
2010/3/23 Wes Wannemacher <wesw@wantii.com>:
> Lukasz, if you're willing to do the work, then I'll help test. One
> thing concerns me about doing a release on the 2.0.x branch... We've
> declared that the ajax tags are unsupported/deprecated... One of the
> concerns (for me) is that it is still packaging Dojo 0.4.3? and it
> seems that there might be problems with this older version of Dojo and
> browsers that have since been released (Firefox 3.x, IE 8.x). I don't
> know for sure, but if we are pushing 2.0.x releases, shouldn't the
> ajax theme also work? I'm not saying that it is broken, but we might
> find that it is indeed broken, and then what? Will you be willing to
> fix the issues that might arise?
>
> (not that I don't think you should, but this is why I've never
> volunteered to release any more 2.0.x packages)

That explains a lot, as for me we can left it unreleased and everytime
everyone can build it from the source ;-)

I've been thinking to drop Dojo plugin from 2.2.x releases, as I still
have problems to build it up properly (some tests are falling because
of my locale). Is there defined way to drop / remove part of a
project?

Best regards
--
Łukasz