struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Initial Struts 2 Tutorials Completed - Please Review
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:55:37 GMT
Bruce,

I took a look through the first two (ant-based simple project and
maven-based simple project) and they are very well-written... Keep up
the good work!

There are a few things we should consider for the future -

1. Move your projects into the official Struts 2 Apache SVN
repository. Although the freedom of the Google code repository is
tempting, it also allows projects to quickly become forgotten and out
of sync (like my struts2inpractice apps).

2. It would be nice to try to figure out if we can combine the maven
resource plugin with the confluence snippet plugin so that in places
where you say things like X.X.X.X, we can actually put in meaningful
version numbers. I don't want anyone to have to remember to keep them
up to date, but I would think there there should be some way to hook
all of our pieces together so that your content stays updated, based
on the code that is in SVN.

I'll keep reading through, as I get time, but everything is looking
great so far!

-Wes

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM, phillips1021 <bphillips@ku.edu> wrote:

> I've completed the initial set of new tutorials for Struts 2.  See:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2NewDocDraft/Tutorials
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2NewDocDraft/Tutorials .
>
> Please review and provide feedback.
>
> I hope we can soon move these tutorials to the main Struts 2 documentation
> web site and also include them in the Struts 2 download.  The easier we make
> it for beginners to learn Struts 2, the more developers we'll get using it,
> and then perhaps more resources for future development and documentation.
>
> Bruce Phillips
>
> --

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.