struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Version number ordering
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:27:46 GMT
Not to split hairs, Lukasz, but this is the "released" pom -

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/maven/tags/struts2-archetype-starter-2.1.8.1/pom.xml

Which looks fine.

When I was checking this, it reminded me of something I have been
meaning to ask. If you look at the tag name that Lukasz used -
"struts2-archetype-starter-2.1.8.1" But, somewhere in our docs, we use
a tag name like this - "STRUTS2_ARCHETYPE_STARTER_2_1_8_1" which you
can see here -

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/struts2/tags/

The tag name that Lukasz used is what the release plugin defaults
to... Is there a reason we don't use it? I'm all about sticking to
defaults (since it tends to make the documentation easier), so I am
wondering if there is a reason, other than "that's the way we always
did it"

-Wes

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Lukasz Lenart
<lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/16 Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org>:
>> In Lukasz's checkins just now, I see version numbers being changed to
>> 2.1.8-SNAPSHOT. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what's going on, but that
>> seems like going backwards. We already have a 2.1.8 and a 2.1.8.1, so
>> it seems to me that any snapshot version we should be using now would
>> need to be 2.1.9-SNAPSHOT, no? After all, snapshots precede the number
>> they're attached to, in terms of version number ordering.
>
> I just switched to 2.1.8-SNAPSHOT because Maven release plugin is
> complaining - after I did the release, everything is ok, please check
> already released pom.xml
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/maven/trunk/struts2-archetype-blank/pom.xml
>

> Regards
> --