struts-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: struts 2.2 and guice
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 18:21:50 GMT
They'll be part of the Guice distribution and under ASLv2 since Guice uses that.

The real question is how to setup the Injector's. I tend to think this layout would be best:

        Base

   _________
   |                  |
   |                  |
Struts        App

The Base injector will contain the JEE objects (request, response, etc.) and any Struts objects
that can be used by the application. The Struts injector will contain all of the private objects
that should not be accessible to the application. The App injector will contain all the application
objects like Actions and such.

-bp

On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:59 AM, Musachy Barroso wrote:

> good point Brian, that has came up also. I have a couple of concerns
> about it, like what is the status of the jsr and will the API
> (annotations) will be under a decent (read ASF compatible license)
> license and in maven central? which is usually a pain point when it
> comes to Sun APIs.
>
> musachy
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Brian Pontarelli <brian@pontarelli.com> wrote:
>> I'd suggest using Guice trunk and the JSR annotations rather than the Guice annotations.
I'd also make the injector pluggable so that people can plug in Spring/Guice/etc easily.