struts-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Joseph Krogh <andr...@officenet.no>
Subject Re: struts 2.2 and guice
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:22:04 GMT
On Thursday 10. December 2009 17.37.04 Alex Siman wrote:

> What if application needs expirable and parallel (say 5 instances at a time)
> wizard?

The point is that you have to save the state using the session (or DB or other persistent
storage, but I assume that's more trouble than it's worth) some way or another. Then you can
generate a unique key to scope the requested wizards in a map in the session-scoped-model
for the specific action and make a mechanism so that this key (unique for each instance of
the wizard) is passed for every request. Having instances of a wizard expire requires more
work, but should not be magic either. You can f.ex. schedule a Quartz-job using Spring to
run every x minute and reap expired wizard-instances which then must register themselves,
a static in-memory map should be sufficient, when created.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>
Senior Software Developer / CTO