struts-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Joseph Krogh <andr...@officenet.no>
Subject Re: struts 2.2 and guice
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:04:41 GMT
On Thursday 10. December 2009 15.31.15 Alex Siman wrote:

> Wes Wannemacher wrote:
> >
> > "Everything is tied to either the request
> > or the session, I can't build wizard-style views"
> >
> Yeah, we need wizards sometimes.

I would argue that it would be nice to have, but not a must. Most implementations I've seen
of "conversation"-scope are rather messy and don't provide anything beyond what you can achieve
with ScopedModelDriver(scope=session) and some custom-code. I've built several, robust, wizard-like
UIs using Struts2 without any problems.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>
Senior Software Developer / CTO