struts-dev mailing list archives

From Musachy Barroso <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.1.8.1: Change in escaping
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:37:15 GMT
it is in trunk now. Please note that "escape" is true by default, so
to escape some xml you should do:

<s:property value="%{whatever}" escape="false" escapeXml="true" />

hum, I wonder if we should deprecate "escape" and add a new "escapeHtml"?

musachy

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Musachy Barroso <musachy@gmail.com> wrote:
> working on it, it will be in trunk soon.
>
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Ronny Løvtangen <lists@lovtangen.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for creating the jira issue. An escapeXml property would be really useful.
>> Agree that "htmlEncode" was a misleading name.
>>
>> Ronny
>>
>> On Nov 16, 2009, at 6:48 PM, Musachy Barroso wrote:
>>
>>> hum, that's interesting. This move was to remove custom code by code
>>> in commons. The misleading part is that the method was called
>>> "htmlEncode". We should add an attribute to to the "property" tag
>>> "escapeXml" that calls
>>> org.apache.commons.lang.xwork.StringEscapeUtils.escapeXml(..), and
>>> while we are at it, a "escapeCsv" as well.
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-3332
>>>
>>> musachy

can see that 2.1.6 and 2.1.8.1 behaves differently.
2.1.8.1 it is escaped as &oslash;

It is part of xwork-core-2.1.6.jar, but the source is not included in xwork-core-2.1.6-sources.jar
(!)
If so, I can see that it uses a lookup table to escape html entities, and fallbacks to #-escaping
if not found.

ouput is not for use in HTML, but as xml input to a flash component, so &oslash; won't
work.