struts-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ognl 2.7.3 performance
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 19:52:13 GMT
2009/11/3 Musachy Barroso <musachy@gmail.com>:
> Well yes, that's by default, but with the new EL api you can plugin a
> new EL resolver like:
>
>  JspApplicationContext jspApplicationContext =
> JspFactory.getDefaultFactory().getJspApplicationContext(servletContext);
>  jspApplicationContext.addELResolver(new CompoundRootELResolver());

Maybe I did not explain myself.
In a JSP page, an expression of the type:
${something}
is treated as an expression. If you put such a string in a non-rtexpr
enabled attribute it will give you an error.

> BTW the JUEL plugin...

Leave JUEL and try Tomcat's EL like I did in tiles:
https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/tiles/framework/trunk/tiles-el
(notice that currently SVN seems down).
You can even load the default container EL implementation.
Take a look in particular at the configuration, because the EL API is
got from java.net repository, and the implementation from Tomcat.

HTH
Antonio