struts-dev mailing list archives

From Musachy Barroso <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject class reloading and config reloading
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 19:19:25 GMT
FYI any of you using the class reloading feature in the Spring plugin,
I added a new constant "struts.class.reloading.reloadConfig" which
will also reload the runtime configuration when there is a change in
the watched files/dirs. So now when adding new classes for convention,
they will be picked up automatically, without having to reload the
container.

I will give a Struts 2 talk to some Ruby fans in my company and I know
they will say something like "java development is so slow, you have to
restart the container bla blah". Not anymore :), for action mappings
at least.

//also using relative paths(like "classes") inside Jetty with Maven
doesnt work, because the root directory points to src/main/webapp and
the "classes" dir is not there, so an absolute path has to be used

musachy