struts-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven 3rd party repos
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2009 18:18:54 GMT
 2009/9/26 Musachy Barroso <musachy@gmail.com>
> yeah the problem is that I wanted to add a spring + hibernate example
> to the new showcase, and it needs that jar, which is then messed up.

Then you can add it as a dependency in the pom. Probably the problem
is more complex, since:
* you have to include the package in servlet containers, since in Java
EE application server should be included (i.e. provided dependency);
* what you cannot do is to include it in the published WAR. If you
deploy that WAR it is not an issue, since it is not downloadable. Add
a README file in the distribution and you're done.

Antonio