struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven version
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:42:44 GMT
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Wes Wannemacher <wesw@wantii.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> It has been bugging me lately that hudson and bamboo fail, yet Musachy
> and I can't reproduce the error. Through trial and error, I figured
> out that if you build with maven 2.0.x the unit test in the embedded
> JSP plugin will fail... But, if you are using 2.2.1, the test
> succeeds. Now that I know the issue, I'm not sure how to deal with it.
> I re-configured hudson to use maven 2.2.1, but I don't have access to
> bamboo, nor do I know whether it is easy to bump the maven version
> up... In addition, I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to
> approach this from a PM perspective. Should we require 2.2.1 or higher
> to build struts2? Should I try to create a profile that detects the
> version of maven and only includes that plugin in the build, IFF the
> maven version doing the building is 2.2.1 or higher?
>
> Thoughts?

To me, the answer depends a bit on whether the issue is a Maven bug
that was resolved with the later version or something else. If it was
a Maven bug, then I'm all for requiring the later, bug-reduced,
version. However, if the issue is that we're configuring something
incorrectly for the earlier version, then it seems to me we should
just fix our config, and make sure that also works with the newer
version of Maven.

--
Martin Cooper