struts-dev mailing list archives

From Musachy Barroso <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seeking reflections on our tag library (as a framework)
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:50:36 GMT
Like Eric said, one of the things that I dislike about the current
tags is the inheritance of the attributes. Out tags for the tld
generation have ways to hack around that problem, but it still smells.

About the java templates, I would have liked a DOM-like approach
better, but it is personal preference I guess. I always find SAX-like
less intuitive, and in this case, is not like we get any performance
improvement or anything, but it is not a big deal.

> * How useful is the theme system really? For example, properties that
are only used by some themes are confusing and error-prone.

I am not sold on the idea of themes, I think different tlds would work
better. I find those properties (common to all themes but used only in
some) very confusing

>* Would Struts be interested in the result?

Not sure what you mean.

musachy