struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: Let's kill xwork (was Re: 2.1.8 release?)
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 06:04:31 GMT
Clearly my attempt at clarification has failed (by 1 character!), as
it's needed much restating to be precise (and accurate :-).  Let me try
this again:

Struts 2.{0,1} branch depends upon external xwork with (mostly)
non-matching version numbers

Struts 2.1.8 (assuming GA) will depend upon external xwork 2.1.5

Struts 2.2.x is proposed to depend upon a forked, internal jar named
struts2-xwork that will get generated as another artifact within the
struts2 release, and thus will share version numbers with struts2.2
releases.

Struts 3.x is proposed to not depend upon any xwork component, as the
two codebases will be merged into one.

Is there any dissent from this plan?

-Dale