struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move JSON plugin to trunk
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 02:08:11 GMT
On Wednesday 05 August 2009 09:54:41 pm Musachy Barroso wrote:
> Although I understand it is quite used, I am not sure why you want it
> in core, having it as plugin works just as well, and it is out of the
> way of people that do not use it.

The main reason is that if it is part of core, building an ajax plugin that
doesn't depend on another plugin will be much easier. We have avoided, in the
past, building plugins that depend on other plugins. I think it'd be easier to
go forward with the jquery plugin we've talked about if "json" is a built-in
result type.

-W

--
Wes Wannemacher