struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question before attempting to roll another build of struts-master
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:46:48 GMT
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Wes Wannemacher<wesw@wantii.com> wrote:
> Guys, I was looking at the parent pom we have 'struts-master'
>
> Is there a reason we don't bump that to point to org.apache:apache:6
> for its parent?
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/6/apache-6.pom
>
> I didn't compare it to version 3 (which we're pointing to now), but
> figure that it might not hurt to try to get it "caught up"
>
> Thoughts?

The thing is, I don't know who "controls" that POM, and what policies,
if any, determine its content. (Perhaps Wendy knows?)

A quick diff shows license wording changes, repository URL changes,
and a boatload of new configuration information that wasn't there
before. The first two would seem good to have, but probably not
essential. The last one seems like it might take some work to absorb
and validate, but without closer examination, it's hard to tell for
sure.

Since whoever "owns" this master POM doesn't appear to be pushing out
the new versions (i.e. there's no "hey, PMCs, you need to use this new
one"), I'd be inclined to stick with what we're pointing at for this
release, but put an item on our collective to-do list to check out the
new version once our own release is done.

--
Martin Cooper