struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts Annotations 1.0.5 Release Vote
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:40:38 GMT
On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Wes Wannemacher<wesw@wantii.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 16 August 2009 02:13:26 pm Martin Cooper wrote:
>> If this was built against a new and unreleased struts-master, then my
>> vote is -1. We need to vote to release the new struts-master before we
>> can vote on the new struts-annotations build.
>>

> http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/struts-annotations-1.0.5/m2-staging-
> repository/org/apache/struts/struts-annotations/1.0.5/struts-
> annotations-1.0.5.pom
>
> It's released against a released struts-master. It is released against v4
> though and it looks like I released v5 of struts-master

Um, no, you didn't. You may have run the Maven release plugin, but
there was no vote, so there is no release.

> and didn't update this
> one. IMO, it probably doesn't matter, since there are bound to be a few
> artifacts that point to old struts-master.
>
> We can either fail this release and I'll run another one with struts-master 5
> as the parent, then release again some day after the parent is released. Or
> leave this release GA (since it did pass tests and get enough votes) and just
> try harder next time to make sure it is pointed at the latest released parent
> artifacts... I'm indifferent, this is an internal tool, but I wanted a release
> (GA or not) so that I could continue an internal project (maven release plugin
> doesn't like SNAPSHOT dependencies, but doesn't care about votes).

If it doesn't _need_ to be built against the latest, unreleased,
struts-master, there's no need to change anything.

I will point out again, though, that just running the Maven release
plugin does *not* constitute a release. It's only a release if there
is a PMC vote to make it a release. If a release vote fails, for
whatever reason, then any artifact that was automatically uploaded by
Maven must be removed, so that it is not misinterpreted as a release.

--
Martin Cooper