struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: stealing code and other cool stuff
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:27:23 GMT
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Musachy Barroso<musachy@gmail.com> wrote:
> You might have noticed I just committed the code of Jasper compiler
> under the sandox/struts2-jsp-plugin. I modified jasper (unable to
> extend as most of the code is private) to read JSPs from the classpath
> and compile them into java in memory (no intermediate file required),
> and then I am using the java compiler API to compile the java code and
> keep a cache of the generated servlets.
>
> The end result is that I can use JSPs from the classpath now. TLDs and
> includes do not work currently, but they will soon, I hope. Then I
> will make it work from an OSGi bundle. I know some people want to be
> able to package JSPs in jars, so this might work out, eventually.

Some people?

/me, whistling quietly in the corner

The other practical application for this is possibly using .tag files
(jsp snippets) instead of freemarker for our templates. I have longed
for the the ability to compile JSP outside of the context of a
container! Great work Musachy.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher