struts-dev mailing list archives

From Musachy Barroso <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject new parameters population implementation
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 21:58:08 GMT
I have been playing with a new implementation for parameter
population, which is in this xwork branch:

http://svn.opensymphony.com/svn/xwork/branches/parameter-binder/

beta testers wanted. It is hosted here, for your testing pleasure:

http://struts.zones.apache.org/tomcat-5-5-27-java5-struts2-showcase/showcase.action

Although it still uses OGNL as the reflection provider, it doesn't
depend on the ValueStack or OGNL directly. With something like this in
place we could be able to plugin a different EL provider, like MVEL
(hosted on the xwork-mvel branch). It is not backward compatible, as
it only supports basic notation, like:

somefield[10].name (indexed access of maps and arrays)

and:

somefield(10).name (collection)

one side effect of its simplicity is that it will be more secure (for
the expression is no evaluated by OGNL)

feedback is always welcome
musachy