struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: Class reloading
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:02:33 GMT
Musachy Barroso wrote:
> touche :). The FAM starts a thread that watches the dir, so it will
> callback ClassReloadingXMLWebApplicationContext.onFileChange as soon
> as a file is changed(set a breakpoint there and see if it is stopping,
> there is also a log statement there).

I included a log message generated from there in my previous post.  It
does get called as soon as the spring context is set up, but never again.

> Are you using relative or absolute paths for
> struts.class.reloading.watchList? I haven't tested relative paths yet.

I'm using relative paths.  I've been trying to test changes to my app by
just copying the new .class file over the old one, but it doesn't seem
to get noticed.

-Dale