struts-dev mailing list archives

From Al Sutton ...@funkyandroid.com>
Subject RE: Struts2 jQuery Plugin - Logo
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:55:34 GMT
As one of the original backers of the ajax-library neutral approach I think it's a noble goal
that didn't pan out in reality.

It's been several months since the discussion about that took place and theres' been little
if any movement in getting it done, and given that ajax components are now pretty much expected
by most developers as part of a framework I see it as better that we have something than nothing,
and better we have something up to date than something outdated where the same problems keep
getting reported.

Al.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at http://andappstore.com/ *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

-----Original Message-----
From: mfncooper@gmail.com [mailto:mfncooper@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Martin Cooper
Sent: 24 July 2009 19:48
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: Re: Struts2 jQuery Plugin - Logo

Whoa. Before we go rushing off gung ho to include this as part of Struts
itself, shall we re-discuss the topic that, right now, applies to this
plugin just as much as to the Dojo tags?

I mean, of course, the fact that we specifically decided that we didn't want
to support a specific AJAX library any more, as a part of the main Struts
distribution. We didn't want to get ourselves into a situation in which we
had a set of tags that relied on an external library that we would then be
expected to support. We didn't want to have another AJAX plugin as part of
Struts that a very small number, if any, of our committers could - and,
especially, would - support on an ongoing basis.

I'm not fundamentally opposed to bringing this in, but let's not get too
goggle-eyed over this and forget all the issues that we've hit and discussed
before. If we want to make a conscious decision to change our collective
mind, so to speak, then OK, but let's be aware that that's what we seem to
be talking about right now.

--
Martin Cooper