struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: confused about OGNL
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:09:08 GMT
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Andreas Joseph
Krogh<andreak@officenet.no> wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 June 2009 03:14:00 am Musachy Barroso wrote:
>> 2.7 has been out for a while, so it should not be *that* risky, but I
>> wouldn't include it in 2.1.8 with such a short notice and no testing.
>
> FWIW; Any performance-improvements to OGNL are welcome, so I'm all for including 2.7.x
in 2.1.8, even if it means delaying the release some to allow testing.

Although I agree with your sentiment (OGNL performance improvements
are needed), I disagree that we should postpone 2.1.8, 2.1.7 didn't
pass because I missed a detail, but from 2.1.6 to now, we are sitting
on a ton of closed JIRA issues. As soon as Rainer is able to get us
xwork 2.1.5, I am going to get 2.1.8 out. I think we should work on
getting OGNL out as soon as possible, but I don't want to delay 2.1.8
to get it... Thoughts?

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher