struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2.1.7 Vote
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 01:40:46 GMT
Oh crap, I think I get it now...

I'll bet I applied that patch but didn't do `svn add`

The class is in his patch, but the subversion commits don't reflect
it. To fix it, just grab the class out of his patch and commit it... I
am going to vote -1 on this as well. I don't use REST so I didn't
really pick up on it being broken. We can probably throw another build
together pretty quick. If it can wait until Monday, I don't mind
making a few more fixes based on a few recent JIRAs and we'll go for a
2.1.8 build.

@Rainer - are there any XWork fixes worth releasing and moving to
2.1.5? Like the updated dependencies brought up on this list earlier
this week?

-Wes

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Wes Wannemacher<wesw@wantii.com> wrote:
> I don't think I forgot... ->
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/struts2/trunk/plugins/rest/src/main/resources/struts-plugin.xml?pathrev=780096&view=diff&r1=780096&r2=780095&diff_format=h
>
> Could it be a later commit that removed it?
>
> -Wes
>
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Musachy Barroso<musachy@gmail.com> wrote:
>> yeah this is broken so I am voting -1. The problem is this bean definition:
>>
>> <bean type="org.apache.struts2.rest.handler.ContentTypeHandler"
>> name="multipart/form-data"
>> class="org.apache.struts2.rest.handler.MultipartFormDataHandler" />
>>
>> MultipartFormDataHandler is no defined anywhere, I think it is related
>> to this ticket:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-3128
>>
>> @Wes: missing commit?
>>
>> musachy
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Al Sutton<al@funkyandroid.com> wrote:
>>> A few things I've noticed (not hugely important, but may raise some end user
questions);

>>> ** Upgrade issues **
>>>
>>> My project uses -codebehind-plugin, -core, -rest-plugin, -sitemesh-plugin. After
the upgrading just the jars I get;

>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.struts2.rest.handler.MultipartFormDataHandler
from;

>>> struts2-rest-plugin-2.1.7.jar!/struts-plugin.xml:39:163
>>>
>>> Does the rest plugin config file need updating to handle the new pluggable infrastructore
for the Multipart Request handler (as mentioned in the release notes)?

>>> ** Out of date jars (newer versions may have bug fixes which would be useful)
**

>>> antlr-2.7.2 (latest in 2.x branch is 2.7.7, latest is 3.1.3)
>>> commons-collections-3.2 (latest is 3.2.1 which is just 3.2 repackage with OSGi
meta data so may not be useful).
>>> commons-io-1.3.2 (There is a 1.4, but I'm not sure of API compatibility).
>>> commons-lang-2.3 (latest is 2.4, I've been using 2.4 with s2.1.6 without problems)
>>> commons-logging-1.0x (Latest is 1.1.1, I've been using 1.1.1 with s2.1.6 without
problems)