struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: changing assembly while confluence issues are sorted out
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:13:25 GMT
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:45 AM, Rainer Hermanns<hermanns@aixcept.de> wrote:
> Wes,
>
> really a good suggestion :)
> I'm +1 for it... We need to get 2.1.7 out of the door...
>
> cheers,
> Rainer

Okay, what I did was comment out the step where we call `wget` to
mirror http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs, then I pointed the source
directory for assembly to copy from to a property. Basically, you have
to download and unzip an export from cwiki. Then, wherever you unzip'd
the export, you tell maven by specifying the directory on the command
line. So, you can say -

mvn clean install -Pall -DdocsDir=/home/wesw/tmp/cwiki

and the assembly plugin will include the contents of the
/home/wesw/tmp/cwiki folder when it zips up the docs distribution.
This should get us through the next few releases until the rest of the
issues get sorted out. This will definitely break hudson and bamboo
builds, so after performing the release process I will change it
back... I don't mind going back and forth for a little bit, but if it
goes too long, we can look for a better solution then.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice