struts-dev mailing list archives

From Musachy Barroso <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: confused about OGNL
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 19:12:53 GMT
the struts tests run fine. The 3 tests failing in xwork are related to
setter/getters to having the same type, so given a class:

class IAmHungryWhatTimeIsIt {
     private int number;

     public int getNumber() {}
     public void setNumber(String number) {}
}

so in OGNL 2.6.x if we try to set "obj.number" to 10, it will fail
because it uses PropertyDescriptor(s) to find "number" and it fails to
do so. In OGNL 2.7.x it succeeds because it finds the setter method,
without using PropertyDescriptor.

OGNL 2.7 can compile expressions into java code which gives a very
nice performance boost, so I am big +1 for upgrading. I am trying to
figure if the changes in 2.6 mate it into 2.7 or not.

musachy