struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: confused about OGNL
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:33:41 GMT
Musachy Barroso wrote:
> OGNL 2.7 can compile expressions into java code which gives a very
> nice performance boost, so I am big +1 for upgrading. I am trying to
> figure if the changes in 2.6 mate it into 2.7 or not.

alias svndiff='svn diff --diff-cmd /usr/bin/diff --extensions "-u -b -B -w"'

svndiff http://svn.opensymphony.com/svn/ognl/tags/ognl_2-6-10
http://svn.opensymphony.com/svn/ognl/tags/ognl_2-6-11 | less

I believe that this shows a single semantic change to a .java file, and
I believe that the contents of the block that had "synchronized
(method)" added around it in the 2.6.10 -> 2.6.11 transition also is
synchronized the same way in 2.7.2.

This is not a comprehensive comparison, but it appears to indicate that
the answer to your question might be "yes".

-Dale