struts-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Joseph Krogh <andr...@officenet.no>
Subject Re: confused about OGNL
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:26:39 GMT
On Tuesday 30 June 2009 03:09:08 pm Wes Wannemacher wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Andreas Joseph
> Krogh<andreak@officenet.no> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 30 June 2009 03:14:00 am Musachy Barroso wrote:
> >> 2.7 has been out for a while, so it should not be *that* risky, but I
> >> wouldn't include it in 2.1.8 with such a short notice and no testing.
> >
> > FWIW; Any performance-improvements to OGNL are welcome, so I'm all for including
2.7.x in 2.1.8, even if it means delaying the release some to allow testing.

> Although I agree with your sentiment (OGNL performance improvements
> are needed), I disagree that we should postpone 2.1.8, 2.1.7 didn't
> pass because I missed a detail, but from 2.1.6 to now, we are sitting
> on a ton of closed JIRA issues. As soon as Rainer is able to get us
> xwork 2.1.5, I am going to get 2.1.8 out. I think we should work on
> getting OGNL out as soon as possible, but I don't want to delay 2.1.8
> to get it... Thoughts?

I was maybe a little too precise in pointing out 2.1.8, but what I'd like to see is an updated
OGNL *before* 2.2 is released, in 2.1.9+ or so.
Releasing 2.1.8 as soon as xwork-2.1.5 is out seems very reasonable.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>
Senior Software Developer / CTO