struts-dev mailing list archives

From Al Sutton ...@funkyandroid.com>
Subject RE: Struts 2.1.7 Vote
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:13:27 GMT
A few things I've noticed (not hugely important, but may raise some end user questions);

** Upgrade issues **

My project uses -codebehind-plugin, -core, -rest-plugin, -sitemesh-plugin. After the upgrading
just the jars I get;

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.struts2.rest.handler.MultipartFormDataHandler
from;

struts2-rest-plugin-2.1.7.jar!/struts-plugin.xml:39:163

Does the rest plugin config file need updating to handle the new pluggable infrastructore
for the Multipart Request handler (as mentioned in the release notes)?

** Out of date jars (newer versions may have bug fixes which would be useful) **

antlr-2.7.2 (latest in 2.x branch is 2.7.7, latest is 3.1.3)
commons-collections-3.2 (latest is 3.2.1 which is just 3.2 repackage with OSGi meta data so
may not be useful).
commons-io-1.3.2 (There is a 1.4, but I'm not sure of API compatibility).
commons-lang-2.3 (latest is 2.4, I've been using 2.4 with s2.1.6 without problems)
commons-logging-1.0x (Latest is 1.1.1, I've been using 1.1.1 with s2.1.6 without problems)
freemarker-2.3.13 (Latest is 2.3.15)

** Apparently unreleased jars (might need a note to explain where they've come from) **

sitemesh-2.4.2 (latest from sitmesh site is 2.4.1)

Hope this is useful,

Al.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at http://andappstore.com/ *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.