struts-dev mailing list archives

From Leonard Broman <firepi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Now that struts-master is done, going to start 2.1.7 release
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 21:29:56 GMT
2009/5/6 Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com>:
> 2009/5/6 Wes Wannemacher <wesw@wantii.com>:
>> That doesn't seem like enough. I updated poms to use xwork-core and it
>> seems like some of the classes that were shaded before are now gone.
>> The only poms that point to xwork are the core and assembly pom. Here
>> is what I'm getting when I try to compile by pointing to xwork-core -
>>
>> /home/wesw/data/struts/struts2/core/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/components/Form.java:[39,36]
>> package org.apache.commons.lang.xwork does not exist
>
> I think the problem is related to Maven Shade Plugin which was added
> to Xwork some time ago and on the beginning there was the same
> problem. I have no clue how to solve it and who did that then :-(
>

> Regards
> --
> Lukasz
> http://www.lenart.org.pl/

I ran into this problem as well when bughunting in xwork and wanted a
local build of xwork snapshot for my local build of struts snapshot.
What is done is that the xwork-core is repackaged with
maven-shade-plugin and some classes from commons-lang is inserted and
moven to a new package. There is however no goal to install the
artifact. You have to install it manually with maven install on the
xwork jar and reduced-pom.xml which is left in the target directory in
xwork-core. Then you'll have your xwork SNAPSHOT locally.
The shadowed classes cannot be found anywhere else.
Did it get any clearer?