struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Woes trying to release
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 03:06:22 GMT
On Tuesday 28 April 2009 09:14:48 pm Robert Leland wrote:
> Have you ever considered taking this out of the pom,xml entirely and
> moving it to the settings.xml ?
> This would allow you to add a password,  for continuous build stuff if
> that's required when fetching the code.
> In addition not having the branch explicitly hard coded in the pom.xml
> might make working with branches a little easier.

I think it's okay in the pom.xml. It makes it clear where the "official"
repositories are... I do have settings that sort of augment those parameters,
in my settings.xml. I don't think my problem had to do with what was in the
pom, so much as the fact that what I was trying to do didn't match what we had
set for the project.

-Wes

--

Wes Wannemacher