struts-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Joseph Krogh <andr...@officenet.no>
Subject Re: WW-2394 really implemented?
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:11:59 GMT
On Monday 27 April 2009 02:57:29 pm Musachy Barroso wrote:
> Wild cards are different from DMI, from the docs:
>
> "The Wildcard Method feature is implemented differently. When a
> Wildcard Method action is invoked, the framework acts as if the
> matching action had been hardcoded in the configuration. The framework
> "believes" it's executing the action Category!create and "knows" it is
> executing the create method of the corresponding Action class.
> Accordingly, we can add for a Wildcard Method action mapping its own
> validations, message resources, and type converters, just like a
> conventional action mapping. For this reason, the Wildcard Method is
> preferred."
>
> I am not sure that Convention works with wild cards, I have never
> looked into it.

Yes, I see that wildcard-mappins are a different issue. It would, however, be cool if one
could do wildcard-mappins using annotations too. At a first glance it seems "only" a matter
of extending the @Action-annotation with a "method(String)"-argument analogous to what's in
struts.xml, so one could do:

@Action(value = "user_*", method = "{1}")
public class UserAction