struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: XWork test failures
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:06:15 GMT
On Thursday 12 March 2009 19:35:37 Musachy Barroso wrote:
> Yeah, I have to find a better way to test those dumb URLs with weird
> protocols. Is there a problem running with "pertest"?
>
> musachy

I don't see a problem with it, so long as we know why we're doing it. The key
seems to be in the javadocs for URL, it states -

"This method can be called at most once in a given Java Virtual Machine. "

Which pretty much means that since the inner class in URLTest that acts as a
factory returns null, like Lukasz said, anything afterwards is not going to
get a stream handler.

It'd probably be sufficient to file a JIRA against it, just so that we don't
forget in the future that we should fix it up.

-Wes

--

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice