struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: JQuery integration
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:02:02 GMT
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Musachy Barroso <musachy@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On an aside, have you definitively decided to move the json interceptor and
>> result-type into the core?
>>

> Nobody seems to be against it, so I guess we just have to vote on it.
>
> musachy

There were no objections to the original thread about moving it to
core. I wasn't sure whether or not Musachy wanted to do it, or if it
became my job since I originally asked about it :)

Eric, my suggestion earlier was for the framework to make it easy...
Having a do-it-all tag for the model I suggested would simply invite
too many requests for customization, etc. I just figured that if we
consider it as a convention, then provide the documentation for how to
accomplish it, with tags that easily support the convention, we might
be doing well. I'll take a look at the code you've got at some point
soon.

As far as the UI components go, my original thought was to build them
out as other plugins... There really isn't a whole lot to stop us from
having extra plugins that add extra widgets. Since many of JQuery's UI
widgets seem to be projects of their own (unless they have been
absorbed into JQuery proper), to me it makes sense to have a separate
plugin that allows the plugin to follow the development of the
individual widget. Plus, separating it will allow us to release and
keep the main JQuery plugin we're talking about slim and easier to
maintain. I could be wrong here, so feel free to disagree, but it
makes sense to me that the non-absorbed widgets be dealt with this
way. The problem we will have though is that most plugins are built to
not depend on other plugins, in this instance, I think it makes sense
to disregard this rule.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher