struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2.1.7 release
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:21:24 GMT
Me too!

I've had some ideas about how this could be done. It seems like there
are a lot of JQuery projects going on (Musachy's strutson project,
example apps floating around the 'net, and even a JQuery plugin
somewhere). It would be nice to unify everyone's effort...

There are a few ways to do it, setting up a quick google code project
comes to mind. Not that I wouldn't want the end result to become part
of struts proper, but it would be easier to add non-struts-committers.

I think before rushing to work, it'd be good to think through a good design.

-Wes

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM, James Holmes <james@jamesholmes.com> wrote:
> Hey Eric, I've done a ton of jQuery and would definitely like to see a
> jQuery implementation and could probably collaborate with you.
>
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Obinna <obinna@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, the xwork FileManager fix is pretty key for me too. Also... awhile
>> ago
>> I posted some potential fixes/upgrades to the javatemplates plugin to make
>> it more extensible. I don't see these issues in JIRA, so I suppose these
>> weren't picked up and would not make it in? I shall re-post to JIRA. If
>> necessary/possible I can even contribute directly to the source. Not sure
>> how this works, but would love to contribute...
>>
>> On a related note, I have been working (slowly) on a struts jQuery
>> integration which I'd like to share (anyone interested in collaborating?).
>> What's the best way to go about this? (BTW, this is what I need the
>> javatemplates upgrades for)
>>
>> -Eric
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Ronny Løvtangen <ronny@lovtangen.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > Could dependency to spring in struts2-spring-plugin be upgraded from
>> > version 2.5.3 to 2.5.6 for the 2.1.7 release?
>>

>> > On Feb 23, 2009, at 5:24 PM, Musachy Barroso wrote:
>> >
>> >  big +1 for it. The FileManager problems + conversion problem in xwork

>> have

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice
http://www.manning.com/wannemacher