struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject moving JSON result type into core
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:03:10 GMT
Does anyone have any objection to us moving the JSON result type into
core? It seems to me that it is a good candidate for a core result
type and I think it would also show that we are striving to provide
AJAX support. The main motivation for me is that if I wanted to begin
work on another AJAX plugin, there is this feeling that plugins
shouldn't depend on each other, yet the JSON plugin seems to be an
important piece of supporting just about any AJAX/JS framework
(JQuery, YUI, etc.). Plus, if we make it a part of core, then if
struts2/xwork changes potentially break compatibility with the JSON
result type, we'll know, rather than depending on Musachy, Jeromy,
James or myself (committers on the JSON plugin) to find out the hard
way.

So, does anyone object, and why?

-Wes

--