struts-dev mailing list archives

From Obinna <obi...@gmail.com>
Subject Pluggable themes for JavaTemplates plugin
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 07:24:31 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a 'recommended' way of extending the
javatemplates theme.
I've been using the default freemarker templates and have developed a few
custom tag templates for some custom tags. I'm eager to port to
javatemplates.

I noticed that the SimpleTheme is 'hard-coded' in the JavaTemplateEngine
like:

 private Themes themes = new Themes() {{
        add(new SimpleTheme());
    }};

which doesn't really allow for registering new themes. I can suggest a theme
plugin/registry but wondered if it's already been considered. There should
also be a pluggable way of  adding Handlers to a theme.

- Eric