struts-dev mailing list archives

From Karan Malhi <karan.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject [QUESTION]
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 03:44:28 GMT
Hi,

I work on the OpenEJB project. I wanted to add support for injecting
resources into struts actions i.e. if somebody creates a struts based web
app and deploys it in Tomcat + OpenEJB, then I want the user to be able to
annotate the struts actions with @EJB, @Resource etc and then have OpenEJB
inject those resources. To do that, I need to find out which classes in the
web-app represent actions. Initially I thought that struts.xml would contain
all the Action classes (listed as part of action elements).  Then I found
out that one could also include other xml files within struts xml using the
<include/> element. Since I do not know struts 2 that well, I have a few
questions which will help me a long way to add injection support:-
1. Does the struts config files has to be named struts.xml or can it be
named something else? If yes, how would struts discover such a file?
2. Are all actions mapped in struts.xml and the included xml files (using
the include element) or there could be actions which do not need to be
listed in these xml files.
3. I was planning to write a plugin, but wanted to have access to the
ServletContext within the plugin. Could you show me how to do that -- I
tried implementing ServletContextAware in the plugin class, but that did not
work for me (maybe that interface is only supposed to be implemented by
actions)

Thanks

--
Karan Singh Malhi