struts-dev mailing list archives

From sajidbigler <sajidbig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any Eclipse Plugin for struts 2.1.6 and does it supports i18n properly
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:32:48 GMT

This works  <s:text name="HelloWorld.message"/>

and <s:property value="message"/> wont work ! weird ! :(

I am doing that by using following site

http://www.utf.ru/tables/arabic.html

i am using sample example struts2-blank-2.1.6.war

HelloWorld.jsp

    <li>
        <s:url id="url" action="HelloWorld">
            <s:param name="request_locale">ar</s:param>
        </s:url>
        <s:a href="%{url}">Arabic</s:a>
    </li>

package_ar.properties

HelloWorld.message= ت
requiredstring = ${getText(fieldName)} ة.
password = تت
username = جج
Missing.message =؃

I am sucessful to get it in tittle but not in page why? :(.its like Arbic is
not recognized in Action class i.e java like setMessage(getText(MESSAGE)); )

validation framework will recognizes it

    <field name="username">
        <field-validator type="requiredstring">
            <message key="requiredstring"/>
        </field-validator>
    </field>

Above will also evaluate to proper Arabic character but browser wont render
it properly if its from jsp like

This works  <s:text name="HelloWorld.message"/>

and <s:property value="message"/> wont work ! weird ! :(

I am using firefox and tools-options-advance-languages is to Arabic