struts-dev mailing list archives

From plen <petera...@earthlink.net>
Subject Struts2 - filterStart error on startup due to class package change
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 04:07:12 GMT

Hello,

I am new to struts2 and took the blank WAR which comes with the
example.HelloWorld example and started to modify it.

My struts.xml was originally defined (and working) like:

<struts>
   <package name="optic" extends="struts-default">
     <action name="HelloWorld" class="example.HelloWorld">
            <result name="success">/example/HelloWorld.jsp</result>
      </action>
   </package>
</struts>

When I changed the package of the HelloWorld class to something else (ex.
test.HelloWorld) and then changed the struts.xml like:

   <action name="HelloWorld" class="test.HelloWorld">

I get a SEVERE failure when starting Tomcat (6.0.16) with the message "Error
filterStart" when it parses the struts.xml.  For some reason, there is no
problem when I use example.HelloWorld but any other package name will cause
the error.  Whenever I change the package name for the class, I recompile
and make sure I have the class in the right folder structure.  I can't find
any other file which references "example" that would make that a valid
package name while all others fail.

Any clues?

Thanks - Peter Len