struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Utilizing Nexus for staging releases
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 02:11:53 GMT
As Paul pointed out, it looks like we should move to Nexus for staging our
releases. As I know there some serious Mavenites with us (Ahem... Wendy,
Don?), I wonder if there are any issues with Struts and it's artifacts. I
admit to not knowing Maven as well as I should. But, there is some information
that provides some good reading here -

http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html
http://maven.apache.org/developers/committer-settings.html
http://www.sonatype.com/books/nexus-book/reference/staging.html

It seems, from a brief skim, that using Nexus will allow us to stage releases,
then upon a vote, promote the release via the Nexus Web UI.

The Maven team asks that we have an official vote before moving forward. I
don't intend for this to be the vote thread, just to see if there is any
reason not to go ahead.

-Wes

--

Wes Wannemacher