struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Musachy Barroso" <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts2 and joda-time
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:36:50 GMT
> Previously I've created container-objects to wrap joda-classes, which works but shouldn't
be necessary. I kind of hoped that Struts-2 in its most modern form (trunk) included converters
for the most common object-types. I think, for what it's worth, the ticket is missleading
and that it should be commented somewhere that Struts-2.1 will not support joda-time.

There are a bunch of alternatives to this

1. define a converter in your app
2. write a plugin that has a converter
3. write a patch to xwork XWorkBasicConverter

I kind of doubt that #3 would go thru, as we avoid having
dependencies, as the plague. #2 sounds reasonable.

musachy