struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Musachy Barroso" <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject beta testers needed for java templates
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:14:03 GMT
Hi all,

anyone up for beta testing the java templates? These are the steps to try them

1.Check out src from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/sandbox/trunk/struts2-javatemplates-plugin
2. Build them and install them
3. Add them to your web app
  <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
       <artifactId>struts2-javatemplates-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>2.1.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </dependency>
4. Set this in your struts.xml:
  <constant name="struts.ui.templateSuffix" value="java" />
  <constant name="struts.ui.theme" value="simple" />
5. ...
6. Profit!

Couldn't avoid the South Park reference :). The supported tags are:
text,select,form,a,checkbox,file,password,label,reset,submit,textarea,actionerror,token,actionmessage,head,hidden,fielderror,div

On my very superficial benchmarking, they are around 30% faster than
the regular tags. Feedback always welcome.

musachy