struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Archetypes: Maven v. classpath
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 15:32:48 GMT
On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Dave Newton <newton.dave@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The resources, at least; for example I'm working on struts2-blank-archetype. The Java
code is moved, the resources aren't, so the tests fail because the package.properties isn't
in the correct location.

That (the ability to 'package' non-Java resources) was a problem in
the old archetype plugin, I think it's fixed in the new (v2) one.

> mvn archetype:create
> [INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7

Try it with mvn archetype:generate instead, but I'm not sure if we
need to update the archetype itself to the new format to get this to
work.

--
Wendy