struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip Luppens" <philip.lupp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delete wik page
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 14:51:42 GMT
On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Dave Newton <newton.dave@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Thu, 12/4/08, Philip Luppens <philip.luppens@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Same problem here - but I'd like us to have permissions to delete
> ? comments and pages for the S2 space. Would that be possible?
>
> Rene deleted it.
>
> +1 for perms.
>
> I thought we could delete comments, but I guess I haven't tried for awhile.

Woops, my bad. Removing is possible - I meant editing. I often
encounter comments without correct markup, resulting in a horrible
mess. Editing would make it possible to clean those up, or at least
see what the author meant.

> One thing I've wondered is if it'd be a good idea to delete old/fixed/etc. comments--while
it's nice to have all that history it does kind of obfuscate things sometimes.

I was thinking about the exact same thing. The comments seem to serve
little purpose - if they point out a mistake in the page, I try to
correct it, and then reply with a 'thank you' note, or ask for more
information - which very seldom comes.

Phil

> Dave

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
- Randy Pausch