struts-dev mailing list archives

From Struts Two <struts...@yahoo.ca>
Subject app crashes after upgrading to struts 2.0.14
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 19:23:43 GMT
I have upgraged my struts from 2.0.11.1 to 2.0.14 and my app crashes in the following case:

I have an action as follows:

<action name="routeAdmin" class="ccol.action.admin.Administration">
     <param name="validRoles">CCOL administrator,Queue administrator</param>
     <param name="tabId">addRouting</param>
     <result name="success">routingAdminPage</result>
</action>

I have an interceptor that retrieves validRoles and if the logged-in user does not have any
of the specified roles, then access is denied (much like the "roles" in struts 1). However,
in my actions I do not have a property named "validRoles" defined. Upto to before upgrading
to 2.0.14, it seems StaticParametersInterceptor would ignore if no property was defined. But
now It throws an exception as follows:

Error setting expression 'validRoles' with value 'Agent,CCOL administrator,Queue administrator'
Error setting expression 'validRoles' with value 'Agent,CCOL administrator,Queue administrator'
- [unknown location] at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack.setValue(OgnlValueStack.java:191)
at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack.setValue(OgnlValueStack.java:166) at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercept(StaticParametersInterceptor.java:97)
at

I can get around the issue by having a BaseAction class with 'validRoles' property and make
all other action extend it but I was wondering if there is anyother way that I can have my
app working ,as it used to work with 2.0.11.1, without making any changes.