struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Roughley <...@fdar.com>
Subject Re: Dojo plugin proposal(my last one I promise)
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:45:04 GMT
A few people have tried, but this was some time ago. I can't remember
the problems right now, other than it was non-trivial.

I agree with Martin that we shouldn't just dump the code expecting that
someone else looks after it.  Although, other than Musachy, I'm not
aware of any of the committers working on this part of the code.  Even
in WebWork it's always been a feature that users try and then get
frustrated with.  No answers, just some comments :-)

/Ian

Dave Newton wrote:
> I wonder if the plugin was on Google/etc. if more people would work on it or try to upgrade
the Dojo version? There's enough code in there that makes me think a straight conversion to
Dojo 1.0 is non-trivial, but I haven't looked at it in awhile.

> I know I don't know enough Dojo to be very helpful, and my own needs aren't related to
Dojo, although I still think a common interface into multiple Ajax/etc. implementations would
be a good idea and would help with that aspect of things.