struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Pratt" <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.1.4 Quality - XWork/OGNL issue
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:18:56 GMT
I've seen it as well on 2.1.2 since I upgraded DisplayTag to 1.2.  It
appears to log the exception and continue, but my concern would be we have
another vector for attack.  Knowing that the system is going to evaluate the
name of, at least, GET variables using OGNL, it would probably be possible
to inject some OGNL that will compromise the security of sites built on the
framework.
  (*Chris*)