struts-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Joseph Krogh <andr...@officenet.no>
Subject Re: Nested-tag support
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 22:18:23 GMT
On Thursday 11 December 2008 23:07:53 Musachy Barroso wrote:
> Now I see what you mean. What 'push' does is to put a value on top of
> the stack. The name attribute is a string, not an expression, and
> doesn't use the stack for anything. That is why it wouldn't work.

Yes, that's why it doesn't work:-) And what I'm proposing is to fix it to make it work by
introdusing a concept of a "NestedContext" which is updated by the relevant tags (push, iterate)
when appropriate and used by the UIBean to write out the "name"-attribute for the input-tag.
Something like this in evaluateParams():

        if (this.name != null) {
            name = findString(this.name);
            addParameter("name", NestedContextHelper.computeNesting(stack)+findString(name));
        }

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>
Senior Software Developer / CEO