struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULT] Struts Annotations 1.0.4
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 01:53:49 GMT
On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Musachy Barroso <musachy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thinking process: well, this is a build artifact which is not even
> part of the distribution, and we already have +4 votes, do we really
> need to wait 3 days for it?

It may not be part of the distribution, but it is still a release, and still
something the PMC as a whole is responsible for. While we may not have to
wait the full three days, you did not even allow *one* day. I think it would
be common courtesy to allow at least enough time for any PMC member to vote,
regardless of where in the world they might be. (Consider how you might feel
if you got home one evening after a busy day at work and discovered that a
vote had been started and finished before you even had a chance to catch up
on mail from the previous evening.)

> I wanted to get a 2.1 build rolling before everyone left for the
> holidays. Can we just get rid of the voting for it altogether?

No, we can not get rid of the voting. It is a release, and as such must be
voted on by the PMC.

--
Martin Cooper