struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r721644 - in /struts/struts1: branches/STRUTS_1_3_BRANCH/integration/apps-it/src/test/java/org/apache/struts/apps/Tomcat5xTestSetup.java trunk/integration/apps-it/src/test/java/org/apache/struts/apps/Tomcat5xTestSetup.java
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 02:03:31 GMT
On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:

> It looks like you are trying 1.4. Did you mean to test that, or 1.3.10?

I meant to try to figure out why you were running into problems with using
the latest GA Tomcat release. To that end, I believe I succeeded.

With respect to which tree I'm working with, I'm working with whatever
'current' includes. If 'current' is not what we are _currently_ releasing
from, then you may be correct that I am trying 1.4. But that begs the
question of why we are perpetuating releases on the 1.3 branch when we
already have work in progress on 1.4, especially when 1.3.8 was GA. Isn't it
time to move on?

--
Martin Cooper

> [...]
> wrote:
> >
> >> See if it is running forever because the unzip failed. You should be
> >> able to see the JUnit output even when it is running forever in the
> >> target/surefire-reports directory. I did get the same problem you had
> >> once, but just once.
> >

> > OK, I've made some progress. Some things I've found out:
> >
> > 1) The repeated failures to unzip that you saw are because the old
> download
> > is not cleaned up. If the download is interrupted, the partial file is
> left
> > around as if it was the complete download, and subsequent passes through
> > that download code skip the download and try to unzip the incomplete
> file.
> > It seems that you have to go and clean out the cargo install directory
> > manually to get past this. Once I did this, I got past the download issue
> > with *both* 5.5.26 and 5.5.27. FYI, on my machine, the cargo installs
> > directory that needs to be cleaned out is:
> >
> > C:\Documents and Settings\martinc\Local Settings\Temp\cargo\installs
> >
> > 2) I believe I got into the corrupted zip file mess by interrupting
> (Ctrl-C)
> > the process while it was downloading Tomcat. For whatever reason, the
> > download was extremely slow the first time I tried it, and I suspect I
> just
> > gave up too soon, leaving a partial zip file, which was then the cause of
> > the subsequent problems.
> >
> > 3) Somewhere along the line, some Java process or another would not let
> go
> > of the surefire output files, so that I could not delete them even after
> > thought I had got rid of all processes that could be accessing them. I
> found
> > some other Java process in Task Manager and had to kill that manually
> before
> > it would let go of the output files. I don't know what's up with that.
> >
> > 4) After getting past all of the above, I am seeing 9 test failures,
> which
> > is basically a 404 for each of the application entry points. I'll paste
> one
> > example below, but all 9 errors are the same except for the actual
> context.
> >
> > testStrutsBlank(org.apache.struts.apps.AppsTest)  Time elapsed: 0.781 sec
> > <<< ERROR!
> > com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.FailingHttpStatusCodeException: 404 Not
> Found
> > for http://localhost:8080/struts-blank-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT/
> >    at com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.WebClient.getPage(WebClient.java:347)
> >    at com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.WebClient.getPage(WebClient.java:384)
> >    at org.apache.struts.apps.AppsTest.testStrutsBlank(AppsTest.java:71)
> >
> > For each of these tests, there is also an INFO message, but I don't know
> if
> > this is important or not:
> >
> > INFO: Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled

(That